Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spotlight Sunday! Pink Big Girl Room

Back in October, right after Molly turned 2, we switched her room over to a "Big Girl Room." I wanted to make sure she was used to sleeping in a big bed long before we had the new baby. And being potty trained we figured she should be able to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. The switch went REALLY well. I was prepared for many nights of her getting out of bed and such, but she actually was so excited it went great from the beginning. I could hardly believe it!

Well, I don't know if I was nesting or just crazy, then I decided it was time to get new carpet in all the bedrooms and hallway. I also had the great idea to paint Molly's room PINK, yup pink. :) My husband thought I was crazy, but we all love the pink room now.

So I had my mom come over and paint the room pink before the carpet came in, she did such a good job. It looks so much different, the walls used to be a silver color. Now when ever anyone comes over, Molly asks if they want to see her pink room. She also tells them that her and her Grandma painted it. :)

Anyways, I haven't had a chance to get pictures up of the room yet. So here they finally are for all the friends and family who haven't seem the new "Pink Big Girl Room."

Ahhh!!!! Pink everywhere. :)

New Big Girl Bed. The side rails come off, but I love having them on for now, except they make making the bed a challenge.

Yup, It's a good thing Molly was a girl. Love the pink!

Super excited to find the bookcase on sale at Target, I LOVE YOU TARGET!





PEEK AT THE NURSERY

And I know I have a lot of you anxious to see the new nursery, so here is a "Peek" at what is coming. :)

Yup, that's Chalkboard Paint on the closet door, I know some of you thought I was crazy, but I LOVE how it turned out. And my wonderfully creative Aunt helped me make the photo board.

Bedding! :)

4 comments:

  1. Did you make the bedding for the nursery? I LOVE IT! how did you make that photo board? I love Molly's room too! They are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, this room is just so sweet -- very inspirational.

    That dollhouse bookcase definitely makes me wish there was a Target here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both rooms are very adorable! You're great at matching decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that is exactly what I was wanting to make...what did you use for the backing, and did you have to sew any of it? I am thinking of trying to get a Saturday where everyone comes together at church and does a huge craft day to knock out some of the holiday gifts on their lists...I am looking for somewhat cheap, and easy gifts to make...I was thinking a photo board, a recipe holder (using a cookie sheet), a bow holder, and a car mat (a mat for the boys to play their cars on). Any other ideas?? I wish you were here, you could help me get it going! :)

    ReplyDelete